SYSTEMIC COACHING“ No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent a part of the main” John Donne
As human beings we are social, we have an instinctive drive to belong and connect to others wired into our nervous system. Every group that we have ever been a part of is a system that we belong to – our families, schools, workplaces, churches, community. This means that whatever interactions we have, we are working with an invisible web of relationships, often complex and interconnected. Each system creates its own loyalties and different experiences of belonging. These hidden underlying dynamics act like a force field which if ignored or violated can dramatically impact our capacity for success.
Systemic coaching and constellations is an embodied way to increase awareness of the systems we come from, create new insights on the impact of these, on our relationships and world, opening up new horizons for individual and organisational health and growth.
How does it work?
At the simplest level, it is creating a three-dimensional map of the system ‘as is’ to create new insights, perspectives and identify resources and options.
What is different about this approach?
On old advert by Heineken said that it’s beer reached parts that other beers cannot reach. The same is true for systemic coaching.
Using a systemic approach, we look at the problem at a whole new level, beyond the individual and see what is often hidden.
Systemic coaching reveals invisible underlying forces playing under the surface and their impact.
This frees clients from familiar perspectives, to literally stand in the truth of reality and see the wider context they are operating in where hidden dynamics and entanglements become clear.
Benefits of working systemically include:
- Rapidly creates a powerful coaching agenda with real clarity and focus.
- Quickly identifies and reveals the roots of very challenging underlying issues.
- Illuminates otherwise invisible blocks, finds hidden resources and resolution.
- Provides powerful diagnostics for individuals, teams and businesses at a refreshing pace.
- Helps clients to find their ‘place’ using a uniquely powerful approach.
- Invites greater trust and recognition, personal accountability and responsibility.
- Creates a focus on ‘seeing the whole’ and ‘acknowledging what is’ which creates greater trust and safety to work with and resolve real issues.
Accredited as a Systemic Constellations Practitioner with John Whittington